Information for International students
Effective July 5, 2021, international students may be exempt from federal government quarantine, the requirement to stay at a government-authorized accommodation, and day 8 COVID-19 testing if they:
- are fully vaccinated with the full series of a vaccine — or combination of vaccines — approved by Health Canada and administered 14 days prior to arrival in Canada
- meet all entry requirements listed here.
- are eligible to enter Canada – this includes international students who have a valid study permit to attend a DLI with a government-approved COVID-readiness plan;
- are asymptomatic;
- meet the Government of Canada requirements of fully vaccinated travellers;
- meet all other entry requirements, including entering your information in ArriveCAN before arrival; and
- have a valid study permit.
- travellers who hold a valid (not expired) Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and visa can travel to Canada as of June 21, 2021. Click here for more information.
Memorial recognizes that some international students may not benefit from these exemptions, given the pace of vaccine rollout or the type of vaccine used in their countries of origin.