As Memorial and the world assess the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this page will provide relevant and important updates for members of our research community. Research is a core priority for Memorial and is a vital component of the critical mission of our university. Research activities are being adapted to be able to continue during this evolving situation.
Please continue to check back for regularly updated content.
- Update regarding on-campus research and scholarly activities, fieldwork and interaction with research participants from vice-president (research). Updated March 27
- Statement on research at Memorial from Dr. Neil Bose, vice-president (research). Updated March 19
- Research activities are being adapted to be able to continue during this evolving situation.
- Research laboratories and other shared research spaces are closed to enable social distancing.
- All graduate students in research-intensive (e.g., thesis-based programs) should work from home. Meetings with supervisors should be carried out using remote methods.
- Research Grant and Contract Services (RGCS), Strategic Institutional Research Initiatives (SIRI), the Technology Transfer and Commercialization Office (TTCO), the Marine Institute’s Office of Research and Development and the Office of Research and Graduate Studies at Grenfell Campus have moved to remote operations and will be available to fully serve Memorial’s research community.
- The Memorial University Researcher Portal (ROMEO) is accessible remotely and faculty and staff should continue to use it for submission of applications and awards to RGCS.
- Technical Services is continuing to operate in a limited capacity and is closely monitoring activity levels.
FAQs by category
- Research laboratories
- Research administration
- Technical Services
- Students (graduate and undergraduate)
- Animal Care Services
- Research ethics
- Information about libraries
- Awards and nominations
- Office of the Vice-President (Research): email@example.com
- Animal Care Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research Grant and Contract Services (RGCS): email@example.com
- Memorial Researcher Portal Help Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strategic Institutional Research Initiatives (SIRI): email@example.com
- Technology Transfer and Commercialization Office (TTCO): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Technical Services: email@example.com
- The Office of Research and Graduate Studies, Grenfell Campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of Research and Development, Marine Institute: Brian.Feltham@mi.mun.ca