Technology for working remotely
For more information or questions, contact the ITS Support Desk.
Privacy considerations for remote work
Drop-off support for Memorial-owned computers
A drop zone has been established to provide hands-0n service for Memorial-owned computers when required. A strict protocol is in place to ensure social distancing and disinfecting measures are followed. If you are required to bring your Memorial-owned device to the drop zone, you will be required to follow the posted rules (there will be ample signage). To determine if your computer requires hands-on servicing, please contact the ITS Service Desk and you will instructed accordingly.
Connect remotely to your files, computers or other resources on MUNnet
We have several options to connect you with what you need. Contact the ITS Service Desk to discuss your needs so we can activate the right solution for you. Please do not take your desktop off campus prior to consultation with the ITS Service Desk.
- WebEx provides on-demand, real-time, collaborative web meetings and conferencing. Learn more about Memorial's WebEx service.
- Use Skype for Business for chatting with co-workers. Contact the ITS Service Desk to get access for instant messaging.
Access your email
- For Outlook users, go to Outlook Web Access
- For Webmail users, go to Memorial Webmail
- Students, go to MUNmail
Access your voicemail
- Dial 864-3700
- Enter your four-digit phone extension, followed by #.
- Enter your voicemail PIN/Password, followed by #. Office of the CIO
Share files and documents
Document Manager is a web-based enterprise file sharing solution that provides units with an opportunity to securely share information with users within and outside the university community.
Software for personal devices
Did you know that students and employees can download software for free on their personal devices? Get the list at Software for YOU.
Computer labs and accessing your LabNet files
The following computer labs on the St. John's campus remain open for students who do not have personal computer access for remote learning:
- C-2003 in the Chemistry/Physics Building, open 8 a.m.-8 p.m. on weekdays, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. on weekends
- EN-3000 in the Engineering and Applied Science Building, open 8 a.m.-8 p.m. on weekdays, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. on weekends
LabNet provides technical support for many computer labs on the St. John's and Harlow campuses. You can access your LabNet files from off-campus, as well. Use the LabNet Help Page to stay up to date on computer lab availability and to access support resources.
The Centre for Teaching and Learning (CITL) created a guide of resources for instructors to consider when instructors and students can't be in the same place at the same time.
The Centre for Teaching and Learning (CITL) created an interruption checklist to ensure students are ready to learn remotely.
Office of the CIO
230 Elizabeth Ave, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1B 3X9
Postal Address: P.O. Box 4200, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1C 5S7
Tel: (709) 864-8000