Resumes and Cover Letters
Resume and Cover Letter Clinics
Need to work on your Resume or Cover Letter? Come check out the Resume and Cover Letter Clinics every Tuesday and Thursday from 12 pm - 2:00 pm in UC4002. (4th floor University Centre). There is also a clinic offered on Wednesdays from 12 pm - 2:00 pm on the third floor of the Library.
What is a Resume and when do I use it?
- Used for job search & usually 1-2 pages
- Provides an overview of your experiences to date (education, work experience, volunteering, skills, interests, hobbies)
Resources to help develop your resume:
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing Guide - Explains how to develop a resume and cover letter & gives examples to help you understand the different sections
- Action Verbs: How do you describe your work or volunteer experience? These verbs will help you design your sections and describe your duties
- Handout on Resumés and Cover Letters
Resume & Cover Letter Review
If you are a Memorial student or alumni and would like your documents reviewed, you can email career development at mun.ca, you can meet with a Career Advisor by booking an appointment or you can drop by Career Development (UC-4002) for assistance from our friendly and knowledgeable staff. Research has shown that employers, on average, give a resume and cover letter only 10-15 seconds of attention so you can't afford to miss out!