MUN Botanical Garden offers a variety of education programs designed to enrich the Newfoundland science curriculum. Programs are designed to meet the curriculum objectives for the grade.
Offered between May and November.
Takes place outside, therefore, suitable clothing and footwear are necessary; this is a rain or shine program.
Available Monday to Friday.
Group size: We can host between 1-3 classes at a time, depending on the requested date and the staff available.
Can’t get away? MUNBG education staff can visit your school and can spend the day presenting to individual classes, see our Outreach Program.
- 1.5-hour Program | Cost: $3.00 per student
- Half-Day Program | Cost: $5.00 per student | program is 3 hours.
- Full-Day Program* | Cost: $8.00 per student
- The program runs 9:30 am - 2 pm with a 1-hour lunch break.
- * This program is weather dependent due to limited indoor lunch-time space, it also depends on the class size.
All spring school programs for 2018 will be based around the Wollemi Pine.
Don't see the curriculum objective you want? Let us know, we can adapt our program to suit each class's individual needs.
Revamped for the 2018 season, all school programs will be interactive and include hands-on activities to encourage self-discovery. Also, the majority of the program will take place outside rain or shine.