You may also pick up a hard copy application and/or drop off a completed application at the Garden's Field Centre during their business hours. Completed forms can also be mailed to us c/o the Garden:
Friends of the Garden, Inc.
MUN Botanical Garden
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, NL A1B 5S7
FOG Membership Categories
FOG Members commit to a minimum of 15 hours of volunteering during our membership year (April 1-March 31).
Supportive Friend: An individual who is either a new FOG member, or who anticipates volunteering between 15-30 hours during the membership year.
Active Friend: An individual who was a FOG member in good standing in the previous year, volunteered at least 30 hours, and anticipates volunteering at least 30 volunteer hours in the upcoming year.
FOG Members enjoy a variety of benefits and accept a number of responsibilities.
• Develop new skills and knowledge
• Meet new friends
• Early access to FOG Plant Sales and FOG organized workshops
• 10% discount on purchases made at The Seed Company when a valid FOG membership card is presented at time of purchase
• Active Friends receive an Individual +One (Guest) Garden Season Pass for the current season, which includes unlimited regular access to the Garden, plus a 10% discount at the Garden Gift Shop and for select Garden workshops and events (some exclusions apply)
• Supportive Friends will be recognised as Active Friends after the completion of 30 volunteer hours during the current membership year
Responsibilities & Expectations
• Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age
• Minimum contribution of 15 volunteer hours during membership year
• Volunteers are responsible to log their own volunteer hours in the Volunteer Binder, or in other form as directed by activity organizers.
• Authorization for use of photos/videos that include volunteer, without compensation, for promotional purposes on website, social, and print materials
• FOG and the Garden use email for communications with volunteers. Volunteers must provide an email address that they check regularly.
• To be respectful in all interactions with people and with the natural environment
• To carry out volunteer tasks in a safe and diligent manner, minimizing risks to self and others
• To assume all risks when working in and around the Garden and in other areas where activities and/or events are conducted and/or hosted
• To work under any assigned supervisor’s direction and in accordance with instructions and policies
• To keep confidential any personal information to which they may gain access