Junior Naturalist Camp
2019 Camp Registration will be available online, and at our visitor services desk (if you need to pay by debit or cash) on Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at 10am.
Become a Junior Naturalist and explore the great outdoors. Mingle with plants, animals and everything in between. Five days of nature activities - adventures galore!
Full-Day Junior Naturalist Camps
including Nature Explorer Camp
- Available to children who have completed Kindergarten through Grade 6.
- Starts at 9 a.m. until 4 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Half-Day Junior Naturalist Camps
- Available to children who have completed Kindergarten through Grade 3.
- Starts at 9 a.m. until 1 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Please note: Preschool children and/or children starting Kindergarten in September cannot be accepted.
- Drop-off for all camps can begin at 8 am. Children MUST be picked up before 5 p.m. for full-day camps, and 1 p.m. for half-day camps. Camp activities run from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
-Lunch-time will happen outside most days, picnic-style. However, sometimes lunch-hour will occur in the classroom where children will watch a nature-based video while eating, or participate in crafts, or quiet board games once they are done.
- There is NO CAMP on the Canada Day Holiday, July 1 and Regatta Day. These camp prices have been adjusted accordingly.
What is Junior Naturalist Camp?
Our summer camps have been running since 1998 and have increased in length, and size since that time. Due to popular demand and a high return rate of our campers, many of our camps fill up before public registration begins on May 1st. Early registration for season pass holders usually begins mid-April. Many families register their children for 2 weeks of camps with us, but we do limit registration to 3 weeks maximum.
All camps take place OUTSIDE, rain or shine. Appropriate clothing is mandatory. Please be sure your child likes being outside, and enjoys playing, and hiking in nature before registering them in one of our summer camps.
All of our camps focus on a respect for nature and encourage learning through experience and play. Although our mornings are often structured, children are frequently given free time to explore, learn, share, and play in the afternoon, all while being supervised by MUN students/ Garden staff who share their passion for nature and the environment.
Please visit our Camp Registration page to sign up your child for one of our camps.