High School Spring Advising
For more than 30 years, Memorial's high school advising program has reached out to students throughout the province who are planning to attend university in the fall.
Our academic advisors, joined by dedicated faculty and staff members, visit high schools in Newfoundland and Labrador to meet with students individually and help them prepare for the first semester of university studies.
In these sessions, the advisor will:
- inform the student of academic resources and supports available in first year
- review the First Year Information
- review the student's degree program of choice
- help the student select courses for September
- answer any questions that come up about courses, the campus, services or admissions
These visits usually take place between March and May. The Academic Advising Centre will contact you as spring approaches to arrange a date for our visit to your school.