Athletics & Fitness
Whether you want to reach your personal best or just get in shape, these world class facilities offer aquatic, fitness, recreation and sport programs and services to meet your needs. The Works gives you access to the following:
- 200 metre, six lane indoor track
- hardwood volleyball/basketball court
- two synthetic floor courts
- fitness classes
- three student only areas: cardio, toning and weights & plates
Physical Education Building
- three North American sized squash courts
- MUN pool
- Select swims in the Aquarena's 65 metre, eight lane pool. Check the schedule to see what swims are open to MUN students.
Schedules and more information on all the facilities can be found on The Works website.
The Memorial University Sea-Hawks athletics program gives student athletes an opportunity to continue their pursuit of sporting and athletic triumphs. At Memorial you’ll find varsity-level teams in:
- Basketball (men's and women's)
- Cross country (men's and women's)
- Curling (men's women's)
- Soccer (men's and women's)
- Swimming (men's and women's)
- Track and field (men's and women's)
- Volleyball (women's)
If you'd rather watch from the sidelines, take advantage of the student discount on tickets and cheer on our Sea-Hawks teams. All first-year students get free admission to the games.
For all things Sea~Hawks visit goseahawks.ca
Intramurals and Club Sports
Not a varsity-level athlete? There are a number of other options to compete, socialize and be physically active during your studies.
The Works organizes an intramural program for students during the fall and winter semesters. Look out for sports such as basketball, hockey, soccer, softball, squash, tennis, ultimate frisbee, and volleyball.
Clubs recognized by our students’ union, MUNSU, include climbing, outdoor adventure and water polo. There are also opportunities to play sports such as cricket and rugby with teams in the city of St. John’s.