As the pilot phase of Memorial's succession planning program nears completion, we are in the process of evaluating, planning and decision-making.
The current nomination period is closed (May 2012).
The Succession Planning pool includes:
· Finance and Administration: Positions that have responsibility for departmental human resources and financial management, and the financial management of programs and services
· Senior Leadership: Positions responsible for the strategic leadership of administrative departments and services
· Information Management: Positions responsible for the collection, organization, and management of records, collections, and/or information
· Information Technology: Positions responsible for the leadership, organization, management, and strategic use of information technology
· Senior Administrative Support: Positions that provide administrative support to the Offices of the President, Vice-Presidents, Associate Vice-Presidents, and other senior leaders
· Student Services: Positions that provide leadership to the area of student services and programs
· Management: Positions with an occupational skill set that require management skills
The following process is used for nominations:
If you are interested in being nominated or nominating a colleague as a candidate for succession planning, the following guidelines will assist you in preparing the nomination:
- Individuals can be nominated for succession planning by a supervisor, peer or self-nominated
- The employment areas for which nominations are being sought will be identified through the annual staff survey and published on this website.
- Complete the applicaton form. Attach a current resume including education, work history, professional development, special skills and expertise, volunteer experience and references
- A letter of reference from an individual (other than the nominator) outlining the candidate's suitablity for succession planning
- If self-nominated, provide a MAXIMUM two-page statement describing your suitability as a candidate for the succession planning process at Memorial
- If the candidate is being nominated by another person, the nominator should submit a two-page statement describing the person's suitability as a candidate for the succession planning process. Also, please include a letter from the candidate, in which, he/she states acceptance (of the nomination), and describes their interest. Please ensure the candidate signs the application form.
- Completed forms can be submitted to Susan Brown, Succession Planning Coordinator, Office of the Vice-President (Administration and Finance) A2026. Please write "CONFIDENTIAL" on the envelope.
Completed Application Form
- Current Resume
- Reference Letter
- Self-nominators: Statement of Suitability and Interest
- Nominators: Statement of Suitability and, from candidate, Statement of Acceptance and Interest
- Application Form signed by Nominee and Nominator