Student Support and Crisis Management
Providing comprehensive support when you need it most. Located on the third floor of the University Centre (UC3005).
Student Support and Crisis Management (SSCM) offers the following:
- General student support
- Emergency student loans
- Support regarding the Student Code of Conduct
- Support for students in crisis
If you need help, please call us at 864-7594, send us an email, or visit us on the third floor of the University Centre (UC3005).
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For Faculty and Staff
Student Support and Crisis Management (SSCM) provides support and connects people and resources in the following situations:
- Students in crisis or distress
- Non-academic appeals
- Student misconduct
- High-risk student incidents (could include: threatening behavior to self or others, serious injury or death)
- SSCM provides support and advice to students, deans, associate deans, directors and other faculty and leaders on the St. John’s campus. In case of a high-risk student incident, SSCM will co-ordinate a coherent, organized response by working with appropriate offices, student executives and others as necessary.
SSCM does not replace procedures associated with the university’s Emergency Management Plan. In case of emergency, please contact CEP at 864-4100.
More information and links to resources will be shared soon.