Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the OAC program a paid position?
No, the OAC Role is a volunteer role.
2. I am planning on taking a vaction/spending time outside of St. John's this summer. Can I still take part in the program?
We recognize that many students like to travel during the summer months, and even take part in travel opportunities with their academic programs. We can accommodate up to TWO missed meetings per OAC. Please contact the Student Leadership Programs Coordinator with any questions or concerns regarding your travel plans and eligibilty for the OAC program.
3. Do I get to choose the event I work on?
We work with you to choose an event that you are both interested in and have the ability to work on early in the summer.
4. Can I still be a volunteer for Orientation if I'm not accepted to the OAC program?
YES! We want anyone and everyone interested in Orientation to be a part of welcoming Memorial's newest students!
5. When is the deadline to apply for the 2016 OAC Program?
All applications for the OAC program should be received by Thursday, March 24th, 2016.
6. I have a work term this summer. Can I still take part in the OAC Program?
As long as you are in the St. John's area, you can apply for the program. Meetings typically take place after work hours to accommodate students who are working during the 9-5 day.