VOCM Cares Coats For Kids
The School of Social Work partners with VOCM Cares in support of their annual Coats for Kids campaign. Volunteers are needed to collect winter wear from schools/businesses, sort merchandise, and assist at travelling depots and at the Legion. Community collections are happening now and the Coats for Kids Depot will operate from November 16 - 28, 2015.
The 2015 Orientation Session for Coats for Kids Volunteers will take place on Thursday, October 22 at 5 pm in EN-2043. Pizza will be provided. Please RSVP to the Coats for Kids Coordinator, Lydia Hamlyn at email@example.com.
- Work collaboratively with Social Work students, Coats for Kids partners and other volunteers to operate the Coats for Kids project.
- Participate in Coats for Kids orientation.
- Collect coats at the cinema.
- Pick up winter clothing from collection points, schools, and other donors.
- Participate in sorting winter clothing at the depot (Royal Canadian Legion on Blackmarsh Road).
- Set up the depot prior to the opening.
- Arrange winter clothing and ensure depot appears organized and welcoming.
- Assist people in selecting winter clothing during depot hours of operation.
- Set up Metro Bus mobile Coats for Kids depot and assist people in selecting winter clothing during mobile depot hours of operation.
- Close depot and transfer remaining winter clothing to another distribution source.
- Celebrate the success of Coats for Kids by participating in a reflection session.
- Strong oral communication skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Commitment, reliability, and dependability
- Willingness to work hard and have fun
- Access to a reliable vehicle is helpful
If interested, please contact Lydia at firstname.lastname@example.org.