Graduation may seem to be a long way off but it does have a tendency to creep up on us. Regardless what your class would like to avail of for your graduation, it will cost money. The sooner you start fundraising for your grad, the more money you can raise. The Grad Committee will take on this huge undertaking and will work collaboratively with the social reps and other classmates to make your graduation a roaring success! The graduation committee is made up of three to six members appointed by the ASWS committee from a pool of volunteers of the graduating year.
- Attend regular meetings of the ASWS committee.
- Exercise voting privileges on the ASWS committee.
- Chair regular meetings of the Graduation Committee.
- Introduce yourself to the student body.
- Identify student/ASWS concerns - via appropriate communication
mediums (ex e-mail, class presentations, student newsletters, facebook,
signs in student lounge etc).
- Liaise and bridge connections between social work students and the ASWS committee.
- Assist the ASWS committee with the formation of a graduation committee.
- Attend and chair regular meetings of the graduation committee.
- Report to the ASWS committee on the activities of the graduation committee as required.
- Oversee fundraising for graduation.
- Book venue for graduation.
- Make final decision regarding graduation.
- Uphold confidentiality at all times unless otherwise directed.
- Other duties as arise and are appropriate