As part of this year's Graduate Orientation, the School of Graduate Studies is hosting a photo challenge for all new incoming graduate students.
The winner of the challenge will win an Apple iPad!
Take a picture of you and our university mascot, Sammy the Sea-Hawk, on Tuesday, September 2 and post your picture to the School of Graduate Studies Facebook page no later than 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, September 3. You must title you picture "Graduate Studies Photo Challenge". The photo that receives the most "likes" by Monday, September 8 at 9:00 a.m. will be the winner of an iPad.
*Sammy will be at the Graduate Orientation Welcome Event on Tuesday, September 2. He will be located at the Photo Booth in the lower atrium of the Bruneau Centre for Research and Innovation. Sammy will also be attending the BBQ at Bitters following the Welcome Event.
Rules and Regulations:
- participants must be new graduate students (those students admitted to graduate programs for the current year, from Winter to Fall semesters). The winner must provide his/her student number.
- one iPad will be awarded, therefore, pictures must contain only one student and Sammy. If mulitiple students are in a single picture, only one iPad will be awarded.
- pictures must be posted to the School of Graduate Studies' Facebook page by 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, September 3. Pictures posted after this date and time will be disqualfied.
- the picture with the most "likes" as of 9:00 a.m. on Monday, September 8 will be determined as the winner.
- the winner will be announced on the School of Graduate Studies' Facebook page at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, September 8.
- if multiple photos have the same amount of "likes" the student's names will be put into a draw and the winner will be randomly selected.
- students who do not meet the eligibility criteria stated above, will be disqualified.