Postdoctoral fellows are important members of Memorial’s scholarly community who contribute significantly to the research and teaching excellence and enhance the profile of the University. There are currently over 60 Postdoctoral Fellows at Memorial who carry out research across a broad variety of our academic units.
Memorial University supports the work of Postdocs through individual research training and professional development opportunities. The School of Graduate Studies along with individual academic units provides general administrative support to Postdoctoral Fellows. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Most Postdocs will be appointed through an informal process involving an agreement between a Memorial University faculty member and a doctoral degree holder. Potential Postdocs are strongly encouraged to contact faculty members directly to discuss training opportunities.
Postdoctoral Fellows at Memorial University meet the following criteria:
- Holders of PhD or equivalent degrees
- Hold an appointment involving research and possibly teaching and student supervision
- Are preparing for a full-time academic or research career
- Are expected to publish results of research with appropriate acknowledgement of University affiliation except where this right has been limited by prior written agreement
- Work under the guidance and sponsorship of a faculty member at Memorial University
- Are not part of a clinical training program
NEED COPY HERE ABOUT TYPES OF POSTDOC – UNION vs. NON-UNION
***These items below will be sub-menus but they are listed here for now