- Only those who are accepted for a Postdoctoral position will be notified by letter.
- Initial appointments are normally for a period of 12 months or greater.Accepted Postdoctoral Fellows will be advised of the formal decision by way of letter of appointment (LOA).
- The LOA will be issued by the appropriate Dean or Associate Vice-President (for Grenfell Campus and the Marine Institute)
- The LOA will include: nature of research to be undertaken, start and end dates of the contract, annual compensation, any special conditions, name of supervisor and academic unit, link to collective agreement, and a link to the University Policy on Postdoctoral Fellows.
- Postdoctoral Fellows are encouraged to seek clarity on rate of pay, hours of work, method of evaluation, professional development opportunities, facilities (including office), etc.
- Return a signed copy of the LOA to the University to formally accept the offer.
NEED INFO HERE ON ADMIN STEPS – OFFER LETTER TEMPLATES, PAYROLL FORMS, ETC. SOMETHING LIKE THIS: http://www.ucalgary.ca/hr/postdoc/info-for-managers/hiring-project