(including hostage taking, sabotage, etc.)
Demonstrations are normally peaceful and isolated, and members of the university community are encouraged to go about their normal routine.
However, should there be violence or threat of violence:
- Report incidents to Campus Enforcement and Patrol - 4100. Note: Emergency calls to Campus Enforcement and Patrol, 4100, can be made from any pay phone on campus. There is no charge for these calls. Dialing instructions are included on each pay phone.
- Do not interfere with those persons creating the disturbance or with law enforcement authorities on the scene.
- Do not attempt to “get closer and find out what’s going on”.
- If the disturbance is outside, stay away from doors and windows.
- If the disturbance is in your building and seems in any way threatening, close and lock your door; stay away from windows and doors.
- Evacuate, if advised to do so.
- Monitor campus information channels to learn more.