The Mechanical Division supports the internal and external research community along with the Academic and Facilities Management activities. In the University we offer engineering design services, fabrication, calibration and maintenance of research and testing equipment along with rapid prototype designs.
- Welding - CWB certified.
- WaterJet cutting.
- CNC machining – milling with 5 axis capability and turning.
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) service for part inspection and reverse engineering.
- Selective Laser Sintering rapid prototyping.
- Engineering design and CAD support.
- Custom model making in a variety of materials.
- Scientific glassblowing – design and repair of laboratory glassware.
- Repair and maintenance of research and testing equipment including vacuum pumps, autoclaves and water purification systems.
- Biomedical equipment repair, calibration and fabrication.
Dennis Cramm, P.Eng, Division Manager
S.J. Carew Building EN1023C
Phone:(709) 864-4735 / 8313