The Electronics Division is responsible for providing a wide range of services to support the Research, Academic, and Infrastructure activities throughout the university. Our highly trained and experienced technologists support a wide variety of electronic and electro-mechanical equipment. We also provide design, development, and fabrication services of electronic and refrigeration equipment.
- Repair and Maintenance - repair and maintenance of electronic and electro-mechanical equipment.
- Equipment Calibration, and Verification - this service is provided using National Institute of Standards and Technology certified equipment.
- Fume Hood Testing - this testing is provided to the Ashrae 110 and Canadian Public Works MD-15128 standards, using certified equipment.
- Biosafety Cabinet Certification - this testing is performed to the NSF 49 standard using standard calibrated equipment and certified technologists.
- Security Systems - the design, installation, upgrade, and maintenance of security systems .
- Refrigeration - the design, installation, maintenance, and repair of refrigeration systems following the CSA B52-99 Mechanical Refrigeration Code.
- Marine Research Electronics - the design, installation and repair of marine related equipment.
- Medical Electronics - The repair, installation and preventive maintenance of medical equipment to the CSA C22.2 No. 601 Medical Device Standards using certified equipment.
- Computer / Network Support - computer and network hardware repair, installation and maintenance.
- Microscopes - repair, and maintenance of various types of microscopes and optical equipment in a clean room environment.
- Design and Development - design and development of electronic boards and systems using the latest in surface mount technology.
Chemistry/Physics Bldg. C1032A