The Electronics Division is responsible for providing a wide range of services to support the Research, Academic, and Infrastructure activities throughout the university. Our highly trained and experienced technologists support a wide variety of electronic and electro-mechanical equipment. We also provide design, development, and fabrication services of electronic and refrigeration equipment.
- Repair and Maintenance = repair and maintenance of electronic and electro-mechanical equipment.
- Calibration, Verification& Preventive Maintenance = this service is provided using National Institute of Standards and Technology certified equipment.
Certification and testing of airborne contaminant safety equipment - Fume hood testing to ASHRAE 110/MD15128, biosafety cabinet certification to NSF49 standard, quantitative fit testing of respirators to CSA Z94.4-11, and servicing of clean boxes and animal care ventilation systems, carried out by trained/certified technologists.
Security Systems = the design, installation, upgrade, and maintenance of security systems .
- Refrigeration = the design, installation, maintenance, and repair of refrigeration systems following the CSA B52-99 Mechanical Refrigeration Cade.
- Marine Research Electronics = the design, installation and repair of marine related equipment.
- Medical Electronics = The repair, installation and preventive maintenance of medical equipment to the CSA C22.2 No. 601 Medical Device Standards using certified equipment.
- Computer / Network Support = computer and network hardware repair, installation and maintenance.
- Microscopes = repair, and maintenance of various types of microscopes and optical equipment in a clean room environment.
- Design and Development = design and development of electronic boards and systems using the latest in surface mount technology.
Jennifer Murray, P.Eng., Division Manager
Chemistry/Physics Bldg. C1032A