The Electronics Division is responsible for providing a wide range of services to support the Research, Academic, and Infrastructure activities throught the university. Our highly trained and experienced technologists support a wide variety of electronic and electro-mechanical equipment. We also provide design, development, and fabrication services of electronic and refrigeration equipment.
- Repair and Maintenance: Repair and maintenance of electronic and electro-mechanical equipment.
- Calibration, Verification & Preventative Maintenance: This service is provided using National Institute of Standards and Technology certified equipment.
- Certification and testing of airborne contaminant safety Equipment:
- Fume hood testing to ASHRAE 110/MD15128.
- Biosafety cabinet certification to NSF49 standard.
- Quantitative fit testing of respirators to CSA Z94.4-11.
- Servicing of clean boxes and animal care ventilation systems, carried out by trained/certified technologists.
- Network and Security System Network Infrastructure: Design, installation, upgrade, and maintenance of IT and security system structured cabling and network infrastructure.
- Refrigeration: The design, installation, maintenance, and repair of refrigeration systems following the CSA B52-99 Mechanical Refrigeration Code.
- Marine Research Electronics: The design, installation, and repair of marine related equipment.
- Medical Electronics: The repair, installation and preventative maintenance of medical equipment to the CSA C22.2 No. 601 Medical Device Standards using certified equipment.
- Computer Support: Computer hardware repair and maintenance, including Apple and Toshiba warranty repair, non-warranty repair, hard drive destruction, and maintenance and repair of printers and peripherals by Apple, Toshiba and A+ certified technologists.
- Microscopes/AV Workshop: Repair and maintenance of various types of microscopes and optical equipment in a clean room environment, plus repair of specialized and archival audiovisual equipment such as microfilm readers, reel to reel recorders, and turntables.
- Design and Development: Design and development of electronic boards and systems using the latest in surface mount technology.
Jennifer Murray, P. Eng., Division Manager
Chemistry/Physics Bldg, C1023A
Phone: (709) 864-8714
Fax: (709) 864-7482