Computer and Networking Support
The highly trained and experienced technologists in Computer & Network support provide a wide range of services and advice to the university community.
- Custom computer assemblies, repairs, upgrades, and system design.
- Technical consultation for computer and network related projects.
- Authorized service provider for TOSHIBA and APPLE computers.
- *Unfortunately, we do not service iPods, iPads, or iPhones. *
- HP LaserJet trained service technician.
- Repairing of computer equipment, including laser printers, UPS power supplies, computer monitors, scanning devices, hard drives, optical drives and more.
- Data recovery and backup from hard drives, USB flash drives, etc.
- Custom cable fabrication, computer network and fibre optic cable installation by certified BICSI technicians (www.bicsi.org).
- Cable plant design, layout and troubleshooting by a BICSI, Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD).
- Wireless LAN installation
- Hard Drive Destruction / Crushing of drive housing and platters.
The staff in Computer & Data Communications also provide telephone support for hardware problems. A pickup and delivery service is available to the university community when on-site work is not feasible.
Jennifer Murray, P.Eng., Division Manager
Chemistry/Physics Bldg. C1032A
Shop Supervisor Customer Information e-mail:
QEII Library, L1013C firstname.lastname@example.org