Core Research Equipment & Instrument Training Network Services
The pan-university Core Research Equipment and Instrument Training Network is designed to maximize the impact of Memorial's institutional investments in research through enhanced access to and utilization of major research equipment. CREAIT consists of ten interconnected satellites across the St. John's campus, CREAIT is responsible for maintaining and operating thematic clusters of multi-user equipment.
Duties of the CREAIT Network include:
- Training faculty and students in the use of core research equipment, such as high-field NMR.
- Assisting faculty with major equipment acquisitions.
- Maintaining and operating major research equipment and facilities.
- Promoting the development of new research partnerships, including access to core research equipment and facilities by private sector users on a cost-recovery basis.
Individuals seeking more information about the core research equipment available at Memorial University or the CREAIT Network should contact the Manager, Dr. Brent Myron.
Research Facilites in the CREAIT Network include:
- MERLIN: Marine Environmental Research Laboratory for Intelligent Vehicles
- GaP: Genomics and Proteomics Facility
- ARC: Aquatic Research Cluster
- C-CART: Centre for Chemical Analysis, Research and Training
- CSLV: Computing, Simulation and Landmark Visualization Facility
- MAF-IIC: Micro Analysis Facility, Inco Innovation Centre
- TERRA: The Earth Resources Research and Analysis Facility
- LSIF: Land and Seabed Imaging