Review committee announced for associate vice-president (research)
The five-year term of Dr. Raymond Gosine as Associate Vice President (Research) expires in May 2016. Dr. Gosine has indicated that he wishes to be considered for reappointment for a second term.
A 10-person review committee chaired by Dr. Richard Marceau, Vice-President (Research), has been established in accordance with the Procedures Governing the Appointment, Review, Promotion and Tenure of Academic Administrators.
The elected committee members are:
- Dr. Carrie Dyck, Associate Dean, Research and Graduate Programs, Department of Linguistics, Faculty of Arts
- Dr. John McGuire, Associate Professor, Division of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine
- Dr. Marco Merkli, Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Faculty of Science
- Dr. Muhammad Aziz Rahman, Professor, Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science
- Mr. Cyr Couturier, Aquatic Scientist and Chair of Aquaculture Programs, Marine Institute
The committee members appointed by the President are:
- Ms. Debbie Collis, Director, Financial and Administrative Services
- Dr. Jennifer Keyte, Director, Animal Care
- Dr. Heather Carnahan, Dean, School of Human Kinetics and Recreation
- Ms. Samantha Bokma, Graduate Student
- Dr. Richard Marceau, Vice-President (Research)
The review process requires consultation with the university community and the committee will be seeking input shortly from faculty, staff and students. The committee expects to complete its review and to make a final decision in early 2016.
Further announcements will be made via Newsline and on the Vice-President (Research) website: https://www.mun.ca/research/