Applying for Research Grants
Research Grant and Contract Services offers assistance to faculty and researchers applying for external funding through the Tri-Agency and many other agencies. It is estimated that this office supports 500 funding programs from more than 150 agencies and organizations on an annual basis.
The following is a list of services offered in support of external grants through RGCS:
- Institutional signature for applications, and grant-related contracts and agreements.
- Grant applications: institutional reviews to ensure that applications adhere to both university and agency policies; submission where applicable.
- Contracts/agreements: review and negotiate terms of research contracts and agreements.
- Facilitation of the establishment of research accounts through Financial and Administrative Services; fund transfers; tracking clearances/ethics reviews where applicable (Animal Care, Ethics, etc.).
- Developing and submitting institutional applications for funding in support of Internally funded grant programs.
- Liaison with Tri-Agency (CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC) and other research funding organizations and agencies; related accountability and regulatory requirements.
- Workshops and faculty/staff orientations.
- Capturing and reporting of information on Memorial’s research effort.
- Developing new research/strategic initiatives in consultation with the Office of the Vice-President Research and academic units.
- Information services, e.g. communicating funding opportunities/deadlines; agency guidelines.
CREAIT, CRC and CFI Services is responsible for external grants offered by the Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) and the Canada Research Chair (CRC) Program.
Research Grant and Contract Services
CREAIT, CRC and CFI Services