Opening a Research Account
When the necessary certifications have been awarded, the Office of Research Services or the Office of Collaborations and Partnerships will work with Financial and Administrative Services to open the research accounts.
To do so, the researcher should provide:
- Project description: Normally, this will already have been filed with the Office of Research Services through a copy of a grant application or project proposal.
- Copy of the award notice in the case of a research grant or the formal agreement with the company or agency in the case of a research contract or clinical trial. Any such agreement must be signed or co-signed by the Office of Research Services on behalf of the university.
- A project budget, which in the case of research contracts or clinical trials must make provision for university indirect costs (overheads).
- Departmental and faculty approval.
- Approvals for use of human subjects, animals or biohazardous materials if applicable to the project.