Relationship to other units
The Office of Collaborations and Partnerships works closely with internal and external partners on the development of research contracts and funding applications to:
- The Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI)
- The Canada Research Chairs program (CRC)
- The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency – Atlantic Innovation Fund (AIF)
- The Research & Development Corporation of Newfoundland and Labrador (RDC)
- Petroleum Research Newfoundland and Labrador (PRNL)
- Industry partners
The Office of Research Services (ORS) is responsible for funding opportunities from the following organizations:
- The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Other agencies (aside from the five administered through OCP noted above)
- Internally funded grants
ORS works closely with OCP, particularly with regards to the review and negotiation of research contracts and agreements.
OCP also works closely with Office of the Vice-President (Research), Legal Council, individual faculties and schools, Enterprise Risk Management and the Genesis Group to develop and negotiate research contracts.