Office of Collaborations and Partnerships
The Office of Collaborations and Partnerships (OCP) is an administrative service unit focused on building collaborative research relationships with industry and government that advance Memorial's research agenda.
This unit is Memorial's primary point of contact with:
- The Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI)
- The Canada Research Chairs program (CRC)
- The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency – Atlantic Innovation Fund (AIF)
- The Research & Development Corporation of Newfoundland and Labrador (RDC)
- Petroleum Research Newfoundland and Labrador (PRNL)
OCP is also home to the Core Research Equipment and Instrument Training (CREAIT) Network, nine interconnected satellites of multi-user equipment across the St. John's campus. CREAIT is designed to maximise the impact of Memorial's institutional investments in research through enhanced access to major research tools. These tools are used regularly by faculty, staff and students from a variety of faculties and schools.
In addition, OCP houses Major Research Partnerships (MRP), an administrative unit that provides post-award administration and oversight of ACOA-AIF research and development partnerships on the St. John's campus. Staff of MRP also work closely with researchers on the development of applications for new AIF-funded projects.