The integrity and quality of the animal-based research conducted at Memorial University is dependent on healthy animal populations. All users of the animal facilities are asked to keep in mind the following:
- To avoid cross-contamination, entry is permitted into assigned and common areas only.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be put on and removed as required. Procedures will be covered in facility training.
- Food or drink is not permitted in animal facilities.
- Keeping rodent pets is strongly advised against, as is purchasing, working with or handling rodents in pet stores. Pet store rodents can harbour pathogens that pose risks to research animals.
- Please leave personal belongings such as jackets, backpacks and purses in labs. Take into the facility only what you need to perform your work. If equipment storage is required, please contact Animal Care Services.