Office of the Registrar
The Office of the Registrar provides academic support services and systems to prospective and current students - from initial contact, to application, academic advising, registration, and graduation - and strives to implement continuous improvements to these services and systems.
The Office of the Registrar’s current mission and vision is to:
- Encourage and facilitate the transition from potential applicant to registered student to graduate.
- Develop and implement strategies designed to enhance student success.
- Serve as a catalyst in formulating and implementing academic regulations, policies and procedures; provide accurate and timely information and advice about these to the academic community and the general public.
- Provide innovative and technologically advanced information systems to facilitate the most effective and efficient delivery of services.
- Respond to change and commit to improving the quality of our services within the context of the themes outlined in the University’s Strategic Framework.
In carrying out this mission, the office strives to be sensitive to the needs of students, faculty, staff, co-workers, and the general public, and to treat each individual with fairness, respect and understanding.
Responsibility for the Secretariat for Senate and for several major Senate and Faculty Committees also rests with this Office.