- Administrative Committee
- Dr. K. Hadden, Department of Psychology - Director
- Dr. C. Arlett, Department of Psychology
- Ms. P. Button, Graduate Student Representative
- Ms. B. Cater, Eastern Health
- Dr. O. Heath, University Counselling Centre
- Dr. G. Hurley, University Counselling Centre
- Dr. J. Spiegel, Association of Newfoundland Psychologists
The Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) degree in clinical psychology is offered by the Department of Psychology in partnership with the University Counselling Centre. This program is designed to prepare clinical psychologists to provide a variety of psychological services to individuals, families and communities.
The Director is appointed by the Head of the Psychology Department following a consultative process that includes the faculty most directly associated with the Psy.D. program.
The Psy.D. Administrative Committee consists of the Director, representatives from academic units involved in the program, and a representative from the Association of Newfoundland Psychologists. The Psychology Department Head, on the recommendation of the Director, appoints Committee members.
The Psy.D. Administrative Committee is chaired by the Director, and is the main body for developing and monitoring policy, procedures, and program content. The administrative committee makes recommendations concerning admission and termination, financial support, thesis and comprehensive committees, and thesis topics and examiners. The Committee oversees individual student programs of study and monitors their annual progress.