- Director of Faculty Relations
- McCarthy Mandville, M., Q.C., B.A.(Ed.) Memorial, L.L.B. Dalhousie
- Associate Director of Faculty Relations
- Wyse, A., B.A.(Hons.), M.A. Memorial, M.P.A. University of Western Ontario
- Assistant Director of Faculty Relations
- McKinnon, I., B.Comm.(Co-op), M.E.R. Memorial
- Manager of Academic Recruitment, Support and Immigration
- Kielly, T., B.A. Memorial
- Advisor, Immigration and Academic Labour Relations
- Bartlett, J., B.A. University of Western Ontario
The Office of Faculty Relations is responsible for the negotiation and administration of the following collective agreements for faculty, per course instructors, teaching assistants, and postdoctoral fellows:
Memorial University of Newfoundland and Memorial University of Newfoundland Faculty Association (MUNFA), October 30, 2014 to August 31, 2017.
Memorial University of Newfoundland and Lecturers' Union of Memorial University of Newfoundland on behalf of Per Course Instructors, Memorial University of Newfoundland, March 27, 2014 - August 31, 2016.
Memorial University of Newfoundland and Teaching Assistants' Union of Memorial University of Newfoundland (TAUMUN), October 31, 2014 - August 31, 2017.
Memorial University of Newfoundland and Lecturers' Union of Memorial University of Newfoundland on behalf of Postdoctoral Fellows of Memorial University of Newfoundland, January 15, 2014 - August 31, 2016.
As well, the Office of Faculty Relations addresses labour relations matters arising out of the collective bargaining relationships with MUNFA, LUMUN (Per Course Instructors and Postdoctoral Fellows), and TAUMUN, including grievance and arbitration proceedings and Labour Relations Board matters. In addition, the Office of Faculty Relations:
is involved in all aspects of the employment of academic staff. The Office makes per course, extra teaching, and contractual academic appointments less than one year;
sets the starting salaries of all academic personnel, and determines eligibility for leaves;
provides advice, assistance, and education in all matters involving faculty, including the recruitment process, promotion and tenure, discipline, sabbatical, and administrative leave eligibility, and all collective agreement matters;
provides employment support, orientation opportunities for new faculty, and educational opportunities for academic administrators; and
is involved in policy development, implementation and administration.