- Heath, 0., B.A. McGill, M.Sc., Ph.D. Memorial; Associate Professor; Joint appointment Student Wellness and Counselling Centre and Community Health and Humanities, Faculty of Medicine; Cross appointment Department of Psychology
- Academic Staff
- Curran, V.R., B.A. Memorial, Dip.Ad.Ed. St. Francis Xavier, M.Ed. Dalhousie, Post Grad Cert. British Columbia, Ph.D. Guelph; Professor of Medical Education, Faculty of Medicine, Cross appointment with Faculty of Education
- Faculty Scholars
- Alteen, A.M., B.N., M.N. Memorial; Faculty, Western Regional School of Nursing
- Anstey, A., B.N., M.N. Memorial; Faculty, Centre for Nursing Studies
- Dillon, C., B.Sc.(Pharm.) Memorial, Pharm.D. Toronto; Assistant Professor, School of Pharmacy; Cross appointment with Faculty of Medicine
- English, D., B.N., M.N. Memorial; Faculty, Centre for Nursing Studies
- Heath, O., B.A. McGill, M.Sc., Ph.D. Memorial; Associate Professor; Joint appointments with Student Wellness and Counselling Centre and Community Health and Humanities, Faculty of Medicine
- Neary, M., B.Sc. Memorial, M.Ed., Ph.D. McGill; Assistant Professor, Student Wellness and Counselling Centre
- Porr, C., B.Sc.N. McMaster, M.N. Calgary, Ph.D. Alberta; Assistant Professor, School of Nursing
- Radu, G., M.D. Carol Davila University, M.B.A. University of Liverpool, FRCPC; Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine
- Snow, N., B.N., M.N. Memorial; Assistant Professor, School of Nursing
- Strickland, J., B.N. Memorial, M.N. University of New Brunswick; Faculty, Western Regional School of Nursing
- Stringer, K., M.B.Ch.B. South Africa, C.C.F.P.; Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine
- Sullivan, A.M., B.Rec. Dalhousie, M.A. Waterloo, Ph.D. Guelph; Associate Professor, School of Human Kinetics and Recreation
- Ward, P., B.N., M.Ed. Memorial; Faculty, Centre for Nursing Studies
- Kirby, B., Coordinator, Interprofessional Education
- Reid, A., Research Coordinator
- Silver, S., Administrative Assistant
- Stennett, D., Research Assistant
The Centre was established in September 1999 in response to a growing emphasis on interprofessional health care. Centre oversight is provided through a Governing Council comprising: the Deans of the Faculties of Education and Medicine and the Schools of Human Kinetics and Recreation, Nursing, Pharmacy and Social Work; the Director of the Student Wellness and Counselling Centre; or their representatives.
The Centre’s mission is to provide leadership in interprofessional education (IPE) and research that will improve the access, quality, safety and efficiency of health and social care provided to the public. Key activities of the Centre include:
development of interprofessional education curriculum for both learners and practitioners;
development of evaluation tools and frameworks for interprofessional education and collaborative practice;
research initiatives and networks related to interprofessional education and collaborative practice;
faculty development related to interprofessional education and collaborative practice; and
development of leaders in interprofessional education and collaborative practice.
All members of the University community including faculty, staff, and students are invited and encouraged to be engaged in the activities of the Centre. Academic Staff Members may hold an appointment as either a Faculty Scholar or Faculty Associate of the Centre. Faculty Scholars are appointed by the Governing Council on the recommendation of the respective Dean or Director based on their active engagement in academic development and scholarly activity related to the field of interprofessional collaboration and education. Faculty Associates actively participate in curriculum development or instruction of interprofessional education programs coordinated by the Centre. They are reviewed and approved by the Governing Council on an annual basis.
Further information may be obtained by contacting the Centre in writing to the Centre for Collaborative Health Professional Education, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Health Sciences Centre H1650, St. John's, NL Canada, A1B 3V6, or by telephone at (709) 864-2895, or by fax at (709) 864-4988, or through the website at www.med.mun.ca/cchpe.