- Director of Faculty Relations
- McCarthy Mandville, M., Q.C., B.A.(Ed.) Memorial, L.L.B. Dalhousie
- Associate Director of Faculty Relations
- Wyse, A., B.A.(Hons.), M.A. Memorial, M.P.A. University of Western Ontario
- Assistant Director of Faculty Relations
- McKinnon, I., B.Comm.(Co-op), M.E.R. Memorial
- Manager of Academic Recruitment & Support
- Pittman, T., B.A., M.B.A., M.E.R. Memorial
- Advisor, Immigration and Academic Labour Relations
- Kielly, T., B.A. Memorial
The Office of Faculty Relations is responsible for the negotiation and administration of the following collective agreements for faculty, per course instructors, and teaching assistants:
Memorial University of Newfoundland and Memorial University of Newfoundland Faculty Association (MUNFA), February 26, 2010 - August 31, 2013.
Memorial University of Newfoundland and Lecturers' Union of Memorial University of Newfoundland (LUMUN), February 5, 2009 - August 31, 2012.
Memorial University of Newfoundland and Teaching Assistants' Union of Memorial University of Newfoundland (TAUMUN), July 8, 2010 - August 31, 2013.
As well, the Office of Faculty Relations addresses labour relations matters arising out of the collective bargaining relationships with MUNFA, LUMUN, and TAUMUN, including grievance and arbitration proceedings and Labour Relations Board matters. In addition, the Office of Faculty Relations:
is involved in all aspects of the employment of academic staff. The Office makes per course, extra teaching, and contractual academic appointments less than one year;
sets the starting salaries of all academic personnel, and determines eligibility for leaves;
provides advice, assistance, and education in all matters involving faculty, including the recruitment process, promotion and tenure, discipline, sabbatical, and administrative leave eligibility, and all collective agreement matters;
provides immigration assistance and advice for arriving faculty and staff, orientation opportunities for new faculty, and provides educational opportunities for academic administrators; and
is involved in policy development, implementation and administration.