- Heath, 0., B.A. McGill, M.Sc., Ph.D. Memorial; Associate Professor; Joint appointment University Counselling Centre and Community Health and Humanities, Faculty of Medicine; Cross appointment Department of Psychology
- Academic Staff
- Curran, V.R., B.A. Memorial, Dip.Ad.Ed. St. Francis Xavier, M.Ed. Dalhousie, Post Grad Cert. British Columbia, Ph.D. Guelph; Professor of Medical Education, Faculty of Medicine, Cross appointment with Faculty of Education
- Sharpe, D.B., Cert.Ed. Loughborough College, B.Ed., M.Ed. Alberta, Ph.D. Texas A and M; Professor, Faculty of Education
- Faculty Scholars
- Callanan, T., B.Sc., M.D. Memorial, Dip.Psych. McGill, FRCPC; Member, Canadian Psychoanalytic Society; Associate Professor and Chair of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine; Cross Appointed to Counselling Centre
- Hardy Cox, D., B.S.W. Memorial, M.S.W. Carleton, Ed.D. Maine; Associate Professor, School of Social Work; Cross appointment with Faculty of Education
- Heath, O., B.A. McGill, M.Sc., Ph.D. Memorial; Associate Professor; Joint appointment University Counselling Centre and Community Health and Humanities, Faculty of Medicine; Director
- Kearney, A., B.N., Ph.D. Memorial, M.H.Sc. Toronto, R.N.; Adjunct Professor, Dalhousie University 2007-2012; Associate Professor, Joint Appointment School of Nursing and Community Health and Humanities, Faculty of Medicine
- Sclater, A., B.Sc. Waterloo, M.Sc., B.Med.Sc., M.D. Memorial, FRCPC; Professor and Chair of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine
- Snow, N., B.N., M.N. Memorial, C.P.M.H.N.©); Faculty, Centre for Nursing Studies
- Sullivan, M., B.A. York, M.S.W. Carleton, Ph.D. Toronto; Associate Professor, School of Social Work
- Kirby, B., Interprofessional Education Project Manager
- Silver, S., Administrative Assistant
The Centre was established in September 1999 in response to a growing emphasis on interprofessional health care. Centre oversight is provided through a Governing Council comprising: the Deans of the Faculties of Education and Medicine and the Schools of Human Kinetics and Recreation, Nursing, Pharmacy and Social Work; the Director of the Counselling Centre; or their representatives.
The Centre’s mission is to enhance education in the health and social care professions through research and development in collaborative, interprofessional educational programming. Key activities of the Centre include:
promoting, developing, facilitating and coordinating collaborative, interprofessional educational programs;
providing expertise for enhancing the design, delivery, and evaluation of educational programs;
promoting education-related training through the organization of educational development opportunities for faculty members;
developing research projects and supporting collaborative research in health professional education and interprofessional practice; and
promoting health professional education as an academic pursuit.
All members of the University community including faculty, staff, and students are invited and encouraged to be engaged in the activities of the Centre. Academic Staff Members may hold an appointment as either a Faculty Scholar or Faculty Associate of the Centre. Faculty Scholars are appointed by the Governing Council on the recommendation of the respective Dean or Director based on their active engagement in academic development and scholarly activity related to the field of interprofessional collaboration and education. Faculty Associates actively participate in curriculum development or instruction of interprofessional education programs coordinated by the Centre. They are reviewed and approved by the Governing Council on an annual basis.
Further information may be obtained by contacting the Centre in writing to the Centre for Collaborative Health Professional Education, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Health Sciences Centre H2901, St. John's, NL Canada, A1B 3V6, or by telephone at (709) 777-6912, or by fax at (709) 777-6576, or through the website at www.med.mun.ca/cchpe/home.aspx.