1) For the purpose of admission to the School of Nursing:
a) A Registered Nurse is a Nurse who is currently registered in Newfoundland or eligible to register in Newfoundland.
b) It is required that students have a current, practising licence in Newfoundland before taking courses with clinical components.
NOTE: Qualified applicants will be admitted to the programme as resources permit.
2) Admission to the School of Nursing is on the basis of competition for a limited number of places. Selection of candidates will normally be based on academic performance in the following twelve credit hours required for the programme.
- three science credit hours (refer to science requirements below)
- three first year English credit hours
- three Philosophy credit hours from the 2800 to 2810 series or Religious Studies 2610
- three elective credit hours
b) Preference for admission will be given to applicants with at least one year of experience in clinical practice.
NOTE: Post-RN students not admitted to the School of Nursing may be permitted to take the
2000 level nursing courses as space permits.
Up to Calendar Table of Contents
Back to Registrar's Office Home Page