2) Admission to the TEPL programme requires a regular application for admission to Memorial University of Newfoundland and a special application for admission to the programme. Application forms may be obtained from the Office of Student Services, Faculty of Education, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John's, Newfoundland A1B 3X8.
3) The General Admission Requirements of the University as outlined in the Calendar will govern admission to the programme.
4) To be eligible for the Diploma in Native and Northern Education, a candidate shall complete a total of sixty credit hours as follows:
- A suitable History course at the first-year level though not History 1000-1001, to be designated.
- S/A 2220. Labrador Society and Culture.
- S/A 3210. Persistence and Change in Rural Society. (Same as Sociology 3210).
- English 100C. Survey of the English Language I. (T)
- English 101C. Survey of the English Language II. (T)
- One of Linguistics 2020, 2030, 2040.
- Education 2350. An Introduction to the Teaching of Mathematics in the Primary and Elementary Grades. (T) (P,E)
- Education 2182. An Introduction to the Teaching of Science in the Primary and Elementary Grades. (T) (P,E)
- Education 3321. Native Literature (T) (P,E,H)
- Education 2222. Teaching English as a Second Language. (T,M) (P,E,H)
- Education 2250. Educational Psychology. (H)
- Education 2361. School and Community. (T), (P,E,H)
- Education 3140. Creative Arts. (T) (P,E)
- Education 3281. Tests and Measurements. (T) (P,E)
- Education 4330. Curriculum and Instruction in Native and Northern Schools I. (T,M) (P,E,H)
- Education 2200. Introduction to Language Arts. (T) (P,E)
- Education 3001. Supervised Practice Teaching in the Native School I. (T) (P,E)
- Education 3002. Supervised Practice Teaching in the Native School II. (T) (P,E)
- One of Education 2230. Teaching Strategies in Native Schools - Primary Level. (T) (P); or Education 2240. Teaching Strategies in Native Schools - Elementary Level. (T) (E)
- Education 2194. Physical Education in the Primary and Elementary Grades. (P,E)
NOTES: 1) Courses designed for the TEPL programme (designated by T) are intended for students registered in this programme, but may be opened to other students upon permission of the Office of Student Services.
2) Students who obtain credit for Education 2230 (T) or Education 2240 (T) cannot obtain credit for Education 2245 (M).
3) Where appropriate, courses completed on this programme may be transferred to the B.Ed.
(Primary), the B.Ed. (Elementary) or the conjoint degrees programmes.
Up to Calendar Table of Contents
Back to Registrar's Office Home Page