a) Successful completion of fifteen academic credit hours as follows:
i. Six credit hours in English;
ii. EITHER Mathematics 1080 and 1081 OR Mathematics 1000 and three credit hours chosen from courses in the Faculties of Arts and/or Science;
iii. Business 1000.
Only students with an overall average of at least 60% in the courses comprising the fifteen credit hours required will be considered for admission to the programme.
b) At least five years of full-time work experience, or equivalent, that is deemed acceptable by the Admissions Committee of the Faculty of Business Administration.
In the case where students have been required to withdraw from the Bachelor of Commerce (Co-operative) Programme, the Admissions Committee of the Faculty may consider this circumstance as grounds to deny admission.
2) To be eligible for the Diploma in Business Administration, a student must:
a) have been admitted to the Diploma Programme;
b) successfully complete the following forty-five credit hours in addition to the fifteen credit hours required for admission (a total of sixty credit hours):
- Economics 2010 and 2020;
- Statistics 2500 or equivalent;
- Computer Science 2801;
- Business 1101, 1201, 1600, 2301, 2401, 4000, and 4500;
- Four of the following, one of which must either Business 3320 or 4320: Business 2000, 2101, 2201, 3320, 3401, 3700, 4320, and 4401.
c) Achieve an overall average of at least 60% in the courses which comprise the 45 credit hours specified in clause 2(b). A student failing to meet this requirement will be required to repeat a course(s) to raise the overall average to the minimum acceptable level.
d) Successfully complete a comprehensive case analysis with report (Business 450W).
3) a) Every candidate for the Diploma in Business Administration will be required to complete at least thirty credit hours at this University. The courses comprising these credit hours must be applicable to the Diploma in Business Administration.
b) Every candidate for the Diploma in Business Administration, who has completed a Bachelor's degree at this University or another recognized university or university college, will be required to complete at least thirty credit hours at this University beyond those required for that degree. The courses comprising these credit hours must be applicable to the Diploma in Business Administration.
4) The requirement for a specific course(s) may be waived by the Committee on Undergraduate Studies for students who apply for exemption from the course(s) in question. However, such exemptions may not be used to reduce the number of credit hours required for the Diploma.
NOTE: Students should also refer to the General Regulations of the University.
All of the regulations above are subject to appeal. Appeals must be made in writing to the
Chairperson, Committee on Undergraduate Studies, Faculty of Business Administration and must
clearly outline the grounds for the appeal.
Up to Calendar Table of Contents
Back to Registrar's Office Home Page