NOTES: 1) Students registered in a Work Period in the Faculty of Business Administration or in the School of Physical Education and Athletics, are not governed by the Regulations outlined below - see Regulations for Examination and Advancement, Clause 11, Faculty of Business Administration Section of this Calendar or Regulations for Evaluation and Promotion, Clause 21, School of Physical Education and Athletics Section of this Calendar.
2) Students who withdraw from courses in the first eleven days of lectures in any semester will not be liable for tuition fees for those courses. Tuition fee refunds for withdrawal from courses after that period will be prorated in accordance with Additional Fees and Charges, Clause 1. Withdrawal and Refunds.
3) Specific deadlines for dropping courses in any semester, or session, are stated in the University Diary.
4) In the case of sessions, accelerated courses and courses offered outside the normal time-frame of a semester or session, deadlines for withdrawing from the University without academic prejudice and financial liability will be prorated accordingly.
5) The responsibility for taking all steps necessary for withdrawing from the University is entirely that of the student. Ceasing to attend classes, or informing an instructor of intent to withdraw does not constitute an official course withdrawal.
6) A student withdrawing from the university, except as indicated below, shall receive a "DRF" grade and a zero mark in each such course. A withdrawal is not official until the Registrar is officially notified and has certified the withdrawal. Students who are obliged to withdraw from the University for medical reasons may not be permitted to re-enter unless they can provide medical evidence satisfactory to the Director of the Student Health Service, of fitness to pursue their studies.
1. For five weeks following the first day of lectures in any semester as stated in the University Diary, a student, may upon formal notice to the Registrar, withdraw from the university without academic prejudice. A grade of "DR" will be assigned to all courses in these circumstances. A withdrawal is not official until the Registrar is officially notified and has certified the course withdrawal.
2. From five weeks following the first day of lectures in any semester to the last day to add
courses in the following semester as stated in the University Diary, a student who is prevented
from completing the semester by illness, bereavement, or other acceptable cause, duly
authenticated in writing, may, with the approval of the Dean or Director of his/her Faculty or
School or the Senior Faculty Adviser for students who have not declared a major or the Principal
of Sir Wilfred Grenfell College, as appropriate, and upon formal notification to the Registrar,
withdraw from the University without academic prejudice. A grade of "DR" will be assigned to
all courses in these circumstances. A course withdrawal is not official until the Registrar is
officially notified and has certified the course withdrawal.
Up to Calendar Table of Contents
Back to Registrar's Office Home Page