The Canadian Centre for International Fisheries Training and Development (CCIFTD) was established in 1986 as a joint operation between Memorial University of Newfoundland and the Fisheries and Marine Institute (the Marine Institute). It provides a central body for coordinating and applying Newfoundland and Canadian institutional, government and private sector fisheries and oceans expertise to projects in developing countries.
MANDATE AND ACTIVITIES
The primary functions of CCIFTD are to:
- Seek fellowships for international students to study in Canada.
- Engage in international cooperative research and technology transfer with educational institutions and public and private sector agencies.
- Promote international faculty exchanges.
- Develop and deliver international fisheries and oceans education, training and technology transfer programs.
- Provide consulting services and engage in international fisheries and oceans development projects.
Up to Calendar Table of Contents
Back to Registrar's Office Home Page