1)a) Following admission to a programme of the Faculty of Education, all full-time students must obtain a semester average of at least 60% in order to remain in clear standing in the Faculty.
b) These regulations will be applied to part-time students only after they have completed twelve consecutive credit hours on a part- time basis.
2) Students who fail to obtain a semester average of 60% but who are eligible for re-admission under general university regulations will be placed on probation in the Faculty. Probationary students who fail to obtain a 60% average during the next semester in which they complete courses will be required to withdraw from the Faculty.
3) Students who have been required to withdraw from the Faculty of Education may, after a lapse of at least two semesters, apply for re-admission to the Faculty. Students who are readmitted under this Clause will be considered probationary and must meet requirements stated in Clause 2 above.
4) Students who are required to withdraw from the University under General University Regulations will be required to withdraw from the Faculty of Education.
5) Students who have been required to withdraw from the Faculty on two occasions will be ineligible for future re- admission.
6) Notwithstanding Clauses 1 through 4, the Undergraduate Studies Committee on recommendation from the Admissions Committee reserves the right to require students to withdraw from the Faculty at any time if, in the opinion of the Committee, they are deemed unsuitable for continued attendance in the programmes.
7) Students who have been required to withdraw from the Faculty may register only in those Education courses listed as applicable for non-education students.
8) In special cases, the Committee on Undergraduate Studies may waive the Re-Admission and
Advancement regulations for the Faculty of Education as stated above.
Up to Calendar Table of Contents
Back to Registrar's Office Home Page