1) Applications for Admission to the above Bachelor of Education Conjoint Degree Programme is considered once a year for admission to the Fall Semester only. The deadline for submission of applications is February 1.
2) Applications for Admission to the above-noted programme refer to the Education component of the Conjoint Degree Programme. At the time of application, students must have been formally admitted to the School of Music.
3) To be considered for admission, students must have successfully completed a minimum of sixty credit hours with either a cumulative average of at least 60% or an average of at least 60 % on their last thirty credit hours which they have successfully completed.
Within the sixty credit hours, students must have completed the following:
a) at least six credit hours in English
b) at least six credit hours in each of any two of: History, Mathematics, a Second Language, Laboratory Science, or Music History.
c) at least twelve credit hours in Music. Consideration will be given to the Winter Semester courses for which students are registered at the time of application.
4) In assessing applications, consideration will be given to the following:
a) students' overall academic performance, in addition to the minimum academic requirements outlined in Clause 3 above;
b) demonstrated competency in written English as prescribed by the Faculty of Education at the time of consideration for admission;
c) two letters of reference, one of which must be from the student's university instructor in a course in the student's teachable subject as per Clause 3(c) above.
5) In addition to Clause 4.a), b), c) above, a personal interview and demonstration of proficiency in basic keyboard and aural skills are normally required. Sample materials and further information may be obtained from the Office of Student Services, Faculty of Education.
6) The Faculty reserves the right to deny admission to a candidate, who in the opinion of the Selections Committee, is deemed unsuitable for admission to a programme.
7) In special circumstances, the Selections Committee may, at its discretion, consider an applicant or group of applicants as an exception to the minimum academic requirements outlined in Clause 3.
NOTE: Students who decline an offer of admission to the Faculty of Education, or who do not
register for courses during the academic year in which admission is granted must, if they wish to
be subsequently considered for admission, submit a new application in competition with other
Up to Calendar Table of Contents
Back to Registrar's Office Home Page