1) Applications for admission are considered three times per year. The deadlines for submission of applications are June 15 for admission to the Fall semester, October 1 for admission to the Winter semester, and January 15 for admission to the Spring semester.
2) A program leading to a Diploma in Adult Teacher Education is offered by the Faculty of Education.
3) To be admitted to the Diploma Program in Adult Teacher Education, an applicant shall:
a) be admitted to this University,
b) satisfy at least one of the following:
(i) have been admitted to the Faculty of Education,
(ii) have been approved by the Office of UndergraduateStudent Services.
4) Admission to the diploma program in Adult Teacher Education requires a formal application to the Office of Undergraduate Student Services. Application forms may be obtained by writing the Office of Undergraduate Student Services, Faculty of Education, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John's, NL, A1B 3X8.
5) To be eligible for the Diploma in Adult Teacher Education, a student shall complete a total of 30 Education credit hours as follows: 2710, 2800, 2801, 2803, 2806, 3430, 3440, 4450, two of 2041, 3280 or 3290, 3210, 3801.
6) A maximum of 12 credit hours referred to in Section 5 above and which have already been counted toward a degree or diploma may also be counted toward the Diploma in Adult Teacher Education.
7) At least 21 of the credit hours required for the Diploma in Adult Teacher Education must be completed at this University.
8) From Section 5 above a maximum of 9 credit hours, completed before admission to the program or the Faculty, may be used as credit toward the Diploma in Adult Teacher Education.
9) Students in the Adult Teacher Education diploma program must have their courses and course sequence approved by the Office of Undergraduate Student Services.
10) The requirement for a specific course, or courses, may in special circumstances, and upon individual request, be waived by the Committee on Undergraduate Studies. Such waivers shall not reduce the total number of credits required for the Diploma.
Up to Calendar Table of Contents
Back to Office of the Registrar's Home Page