ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS TO THE DEGREE AND DIPLOMA PROGRAMS IN POST-SECONDARY EDUCATION
To be admitted to the Post-Secondary Education Degree and Diploma programs, a student must meet, in addition to the general admission requirements of the University, special admission requirements as outlined by the following criteria:
1) Applications for admission are considered three times per year. The deadlines for submission of applications are June 15 for admission to the Fall semester, October 1 for admission to the Winter semester, and January 15 for admission to the Spring semester.
2) Occupational training as verified by one of:
a) a certificate of qualification as a journeyman for a designated trade;
b) a certificate or diploma from a technical or business school or college;
c) an appropriate degree from a university;
d) satisfactory completion of a program equivalent to (a), (b) or (c) above.
3) At least one year of work experience or equivalent in the occupational area in which training was obtained. This experience must be subsequent to the completion of or concurrent with the occupational training program.
NOTE: Training and experience will be assessed and verified by the Admissions Sub-Committee for Post-Secondary Education.
4) Students who wish to enter the program in Post-Secondary Education may obtain an application form from the Faculty of Education, Office of Undergraduate Student Services.
REGULATIONS FOR THE BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (POST- SECONDARY) AS A SECOND DEGREE
1) To be admitted to the Bachelor of Education (Post-Secondary) Degree program, a student must meet the special admission requirements outlined above.
2) A candidate shall complete at least 30 credit hours at this University beyond those required for the first degree. A candidate who has received a first degree at this University may be permitted, with the approval of the Committee on Undergraduate Studies of the Faculty Council of the Faculty of Education, to complete 6 of these 30 credit hours at another institution recognized by the Senate.
3) To obtain the Bachelor of Education (Post-Secondary) as a second degree a candidate must complete at least 36 credit hours in Education.
4) The 36 credit hours must include:
a) Twenty-one credit hours as follows: Education 2710, 2720, 2730, 2801,
3280, 3801, 4700.
b) Fifteen credit hours of which 6 must be chosen from Education 2800, 2803, 2806, or 3440 and 9 must be chosen from 3710, 3720, 3730, 4710, 4730 or 4760-80
5) At least 9 of the credit hours required under clause 4) a) must be completed at this University.
NOTES: 1) The requirement of Education 4700 may be waived by the Committee
on Undergraduate Studies on the recommendation of the Office of Undergraduate
Student Services. (Please refer to Student Teaching Guidelines).
2) Work competence and experience related to occupational area is required for acceptance to this program as outlined in the Admission Requirements but no advanced standing will be granted.
Up to Calendar Table of Contents
Back to Office of the Registrar's Home Page