These regulations apply to all programs except the Bachelor of Education (Intermediate/Secondary) and the Bachelor of Education (Intermediate/Secondary) Conjoint with the Diploma in Technology Education which have separate re-admission and advancement regulations.
1)a) Following admission to a program of the Faculty of Education, all full-time students must obtain a semester average of at least 60% in order to remain in clear standing in the Faculty.
b) These regulations will be applied to part-time students only after they have completed twelve consecutive credit hours on a part- time basis.
2) Students who fail to obtain a semester average of 60% but who are eligible for re-admission under general university regulations will be placed on probation in the Faculty. Probationary students who fail to obtain a 60% average during the next semester in which they complete courses will be required to withdraw from the Faculty. Students completing the Bachelor of Music Conjoint with the Bachelor of Music Education whose average in music courses falls below 65% in any semester will be placed on probation.
3) Students completing the Bachelor of Education (Primary/Elementary), Bachelor of Music Conjoint with Bachelor of Music Education, or the Bachelor of Music Education as a Second Degree failing to attain an average of at least 65% during their internship will either:
a) be required to withdraw from the program; or
b) with the recommendation of the Office of Undergraduate Student Services, Faculty of Education, repeat the internship in another school setting.
4) Students who have been required to withdraw from the Faculty of Education may, after a lapse of at least two semesters, apply for re-admission to the Faculty. Students who are readmitted under this Clause will be considered probationary and must meet requirements stated in Clause 2 above.
5) Students who are required to withdraw from the University under General University Regulations will be required to withdraw from the Faculty of Education.
6) Students who have been required to withdraw from the Faculty on two occasions will be ineligible for future re- admission.
7) Notwithstanding Clauses 1 through 4, the Undergraduate Studies Committee on recommendation from the Admissions Committee reserves the right to require students to withdraw from the Faculty at any time if, in the opinion of the Committee, they are deemed unsuitable for continued attendance in the programs.
8) Students who have been required to withdraw from the Faculty may register only in those Education courses listed as applicable for non-education students.
9) In special cases, the Committee on Undergraduate Studies may waive the Re-Admission and Advancement regulations for the Faculty of Education as stated above.
Up to Calendar Table of Contents
Back to Registrar's Office Home Page