Students who wish to complete Certificate programs must be admitted to the University as undergraduate students and comply with the GENERAL ACADEMIC REGULATIONS (UNDERGRADUATE).
REGULATIONS FOR A FIRST CERTIFICATE
A Memorial University certificate is awarded to students who complete certificate program requirements.
1) Every candidate for a certificate shall comply with all the course requirements governing the award of that certificate.
2) Candidates shall complete at this University a minimum of nine credit hours of the total number of credit hours required for a certificate.
3) No candidate will be awarded a certificate unless s/he has obtained an average of 2 point or better on the total number of credit hours required for the certificate.
REGULATIONS FOR A SECOND CERTIFICATE
Students who have completed a certificate program and wish to complete a second certificate must:
1) comply with all course requirements governing the award of that certificate;
2) complete at least nine credit hours beyond those required for the first certificate. The courses which comprise these
credit hours must be applicable to the certificate sought.
The following certificate programs are available through the School of Continuing Education. These programs are offered by and are under the academic control of the appropriate faculties and schools.
Certificate in Business Administration
Certificate in Career Development
Certificate in Criminology
Certificate in Library Studies
Certificate in Municipal Administration
Certificate in Newfoundland Studies
Certificate in Public Administration
Certificate in Records and Information Management
Up to Calendar Table of Contents
Back to Registrar's Office Home Page