NOTE: Students who have already received a bachelor's degree may undertake a second bachelor's degree subject to the conditions outlined below. However, students are encouraged to consider proceeding to more advanced studies at the honours or graduate level.
1. Every candidate for a second Bachelor's degree shall comply with all the course requirements governing the award of that degree.
2. Every candidate for a second Bachelor's degree shall complete at least thirty credit hours at this University beyond those required for the first degree. These credit hours must be applicable to the degree sought.
3. Candidates who have completed a first degree at this University may be permitted to take at another university up to six of the thirty credit hours required in Clause 2 above.
4. Candidates may not obtain more than one undergraduate degree in the same Major subject at this University.
5. A student will not be awarded the same bachelor's degree more than once by this University (e.g. if a student has been awarded a Bachelor of Arts degree from this University he/she will not be awarded a second Memorial University Bachelor of Arts degree).
6. A student who has received a bachelor's degree from this University may complete the requirements for another major or a minor, or another specialization or a cognate in the case of Sir Wilfred Grenfell College, applicable to that degree. Such a student will not be awarded the same degree again but notation indicating the completion of the requirements for the additional major or the minor, or the additional specialization or cognate in the case of Sir Wilfred Grenfell College, will be included on the student's academic record.
Up to Calendar Table of Contents
Back to Registrar's Office Home Page