1) Academic achievement of each student will be assessed prior to registration by the Undergraduate Studies Committee of the School of Nursing.
2) The student has a right to appeal a decision of the Admission and Promotion Committee of the School regarding admission or re-admission to, and promotion within the School.
3) Students are required to obtain a minimum of 65% in each Clinical Nursing course and an overall average of at least 60% in all other courses.
4) A student may be required to withdraw from a Clinical Nursing course or from the programme at any time on the recommendation of the Undergraduate Studies Committee of the School of Nursing if the student is deemed unlikely to profit from continued attendance in the course or programme and/or is deemed unsafe in the Clinical Nursing course.
5) Students who receive below 65% in a Clinical Nursing course or who are required to withdraw from a Clinical Nursing course under Clause 4 are permitted to repeat that course only once.
6) Students who repeat a Clinical Nursing course and still do not achieve 65% will be required to withdraw from the programme. Students who are required to withdraw from the programme and who wish to re-enter the programme may re-apply in competition after the lapse of two semesters. A student who has been required to withdraw on more than one occasion may apply in competition for re-admission after the lapse of six semesters.
7) The overall evaluation of the clinical experience will be the responsibility of the Faculty of this programme with input from the staff in the clinical settings.
8) Attendance at clinical practice sessions, including one on techniques for safety and survival in the Canadian wilderness, is compulsory for all students enrolled in programmes B and C of the Outpost Nursing Diploma Programme.
9) Students appealing matters such as Admission, Readmission, Examinations, and Promotions must make their appeal in writing to the Chairperson, Undergraduate Studies Committee of the School of Nursing.
Up to Calendar Table of Contents
Back to Registrar's Office Home Page