PROGRAMME OF STUDY
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ADMISSION
1. The Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science offers a programme in Environmental Engineering and Applied Science leading to the degree of Master of Applied Science in Environmental Engineering and Applied Science (M.A.Sc.). The programme is available on a full-time or part-time basis. Admission is open to students with Engineering or Science backgrounds.
2. The programme is offered by the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science and will be administered by a Board of Studies appointed by the Dean of Engineering and Applied Science
3. The Master of Applied Science degree is a multi-disciplinary, professionally oriented degree which provides an advanced education for students who are already working, or who intend to work, in the environmental industry.
B) QUALIFICATIONS FOR ADMISSION
1. Admission is limited and competitive. To be considered for admission, applicants shall normally hold a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or an Honours degree in Science with at least second class standing, or equivalent from an institution recognized by the Senate or shall have qualifications and/or experience acceptable to the Dean of Graduate Studies and the Board of Studies. The Board of Studies will make recommendations on admission to the Dean of Graduate Studies.
2. The Board of Studies will oversee academic aspects of students' programmes on behalf of the Faculty Council of the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science.
C) DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
1. To the extent that resources permit, individual programmes will be developed to suit students' interests and needs. However, all programmes must be approved by the Board of Studies and the Dean of Graduate Studies. All General regulations of the School of Graduate Studies shall apply to this degree.
2. The degree programme requires the completion of 27 credit hours, six of which comprise a project course.
i. Students are required to complete Eng. 960A and Eng.960B.
ii. The remaining courses must be selected so that 6 credit hours are selected from Eng. 9601, Eng. 9603, Eng. 9609, and Eng. 9624; 3 credit hours are selected from Eng. 9605 and Eng. 9621; 3 credt hours are selected from Eng. 9622 and Eng. 9712; and 9 credit hours are selected from Env. Sci./Eng. 6000, Env. Sci./Eng 6001, Env. Sci/Eng. 6002, Env. Sci./Eng. 6003, and Geog. 6250.
Eng 960A/B Environmental Engineering Project
Eng. 9601 Environmental Pollution and Mitigation (Cross listed as Env. Sci. 6004)
Eng. 9603 Environmental Sampling and Pollutant Analysis (Cross listed as Env. Sci. 6005)
Eng. 9605 Advanced Wastewater Treatment
Eng. 9609 Environmental Risk Assessment (same as Env. Sci. 6007)
Eng. 9610-9615 Special Topics in Environmental Engineering and Applied Science
Eng. 9621 Soil Remediation Engineering
Eng. 9622 Environmental Statistics
Eng. 9624 Air Pollution (same as Env. Sci. 6008)
Eng. 9712 Environmental Hydraulics
Env. Sci./Eng. 6000 Environmental Science and Technology
Env. Sci./Eng. 6001 Earth and Ocean Systems
Env. Sci./Eng. 6002 Environmental Chemistry and Toxicology
Eng. Sci./Eng. 6003 Applied Ecology
Geog. 6250 Conservation of Natural Resources
Up to Calendar Table of Contents
Back to Registrar's Office Home Page