1) Students who have at least one year of teaching experience and who produce written reports from their former principal or other appropriate authority to the Office of Undergraduate Student Services certifying the quality of their experience to be satisfactory may be excused, at the discretion of the Office of Undergraduate Student Services the post-sessional block of student teaching.
2) Students who have at least two years of teaching experience as required of the Post-Secondary Education programmes and three years of teaching experience for Technology Education programme, and who produce written reports from their former principal or other appropriate authority to the Office of Undergraduate Student Services, certifying the quality of their experience may be excused from one of Education 4700 or 3700.
Students requesting a waiver of Education 3700 must have completed at least one of these three years in Technology Education Teaching. Students requesting a waiver of Education 4700 must have completed two years of teaching in Post-Secondary Education.
3) Education 401X may, in special circumstances and upon individual request, be waived by the Office of Undergraduate Student Services in accordance with the guidelines listed below. Students requesting waiver should apply in writing and submit evidence of the following:
a) Permanent certification and tenure.
b) A minimum of five years teaching experience (or equivalent) in an environment appropriate to the degree sought.
c) Recommendation from an individual in an administrative position i.e. School Principal or Superintendent, attesting to the satisfactory quality of the teaching experience.
Students whose requests for waiver of the internship are approved must substitute in its place fifteen appropriate credit hours in Education. These replacement credit hours will be determined by the Office of Undergraduate Student Services on an individual basis and must be approved by the Committee on Undergraduate Studies.
4) Students who are excused from taking the student teaching course must substitute in its place an appropriate course in Education to make up the required total for the degree.
5) Applications for waiver of student teaching in whole or in part not covered by these guidelines must be submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Student Services.
Up to Calendar Table of Contents
Back to Registrar's Office Home Page