Regulations - Minor Program
- Students who minor in Law and Society shall complete all the requirements of the Bachelor of Arts program.
- As per the Interdisciplinary Regulations students shall complete a minimum of 24 credit hours from a minimum of any three Humanities and Social Sciences disciplines with no more than 9 credit hours from any one discipline (other than Law and Society).
- Students are required to complete:
- LWSO 1000 and LWSO 4000
- 3 additional credit hours of Law and Society courses
- The remaining 15 credit hours are to be selected from the course list and must include a minimum of 9 credit hours at the 3000-level or above.
- No more than 9 credit hours (3 courses) can be selected from Table 2 courses.
- Before registering for any LWSO 4000 level course, students must complete 18 of the 24 credit hours required for the major including Law and Society 1000. In exceptional circumstances, the coordinator may waive this prerequisite.
- Excepting students enrolled in the joint B.Comm/BA program, students may only count 3 credit hours (1 course) from approved non-arts courses. Students enrolled in the joint B.Comm/BA program, may count 6 credit hours (2 courses) from approved non-arts courses.
- As per the Interdisciplinary Regulations a maximum of 6 credit hours from an interdisciplinary Humanities and Social Sciences Minor may be used to satisfy the requirements of a single disciplinary Major, provided they are in accordance with the regulations governing both programs.
Detailed Regulations for the Interdisciplinary Minor in Law & Society can be found in the Academic Calendar.